The iTero scanner is an innovative dental technology that allows dentists to capture enhanced 3-D dental images of a patient's mouth. Here, our dentists explain what it is and how it helps you get the most out of Invisalign.
What Is The iTero Scanner?
The iTero scanner is an intraoral wand, which a dentist moves around a patient’s mouth to create 3-D dental images in minutes.
Dentists use intraoral scans from iTero to create dental models for restorative work like dental crowns and implants, and to diagnose and treat orthodontic issues.
Invisalign & iTero
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable aligners that straighten your teeth without the traditional metal and wires.
iTero intraoral scanners are compatible with the Invisalign system, and help your dentist plan your treatment.
The Benefits Of iTero
- iTero scanners are simple to use and the scans they produce are much more detailed than traditional 2-D images.
- They have screens which display the digital images in real time.
- Enhanced digital scans mean more efficient and convenient treatment for you.
- You'll never have to worry about the goopy mess that comes with taking traditional impressions.
- Your dentist can easily share your digital scans with other dental professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- Your dentist can also use the scans with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you how your Invisalign treatment will look at the end.
- Regular scans with iTero throughout your Invisalign treatment can help your dentist track your progress.