Thanks to the iTero Intraoral Scanner, our dentists can take a fast, and detailed 3D digital scan of your teeth then map out a custom treatment plan to help correct your misalignment and bite issues.
What is the iTero Intraoral Scanner?
The iTero scanner is an intraoral wand that takes as many as 60,000 detailed images of your teeth and other oral structures per second! iTero allows our Straight Smile dentists to scan your teeth and mouth and have detailed 3D dental images available on our treatment room screens in just minutes.
What role does iTero play in my Invisalign treatment?
- Digital 3D Images - Our iTero scanners have screens located inside the treatment rooms which display the detailed 3D digital images in just a few minutes. This technology allows your dentist to clearly show you the orthodontic issues that are present in your mouth and explain how Invisalign can help to straighten your teeth and give you a healthier smile.
- No Need for Traditional Impressions - iTero technology means that our BC Straight Smile patients never have to be concerned about the goopy mess that sometimes comes along with taking traditional orthodontic impressions.
- Straight Smile Preview - The detailed images created by the iTero intraoral scanner allow our dentists to use the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show your what your new smile could look like, even before your treatment starts.
- Better Fitting Aligners - The images generated by iTero are so detailed that they help Invisalign technicians to create better fitting aligners each step of the way, that means fewer redos than with traditional physical impressions.
- Invisalign Progress Assessment - When you visit your Straight Smile dentist for your regular progress checkups, your dentist can use iTero to scan your teeth and track your treatment progress.
- Images Can Be Shared with Other Dental Professionals - iTero's digital images can quickly and easily be shared with other dental professionals and third-party providers, helping to improve your overall dental care experience.